The Gym Group was founded in 2007 by our Chief Executive Officer, John Treharne. We now operate 128 low cost, high quality gyms across the UK.
Low cost segment leading the growth of the UK health and fitness market.
- Fastest growing low cost operator
- Opportunities arising from local authorities and the mid market
- We have built strength within the South East
- Creating strength through clusters of sites
TECHNOLOGY-LED BUSINESS MODEL
Investment in technology has created a low cost, high margin business.
- New Member Management System launched in 2017
- Enhancing use of data to aid commercial decision making
COMPELLING CUSTOMER PROPOSITION
Attractive low cost product drives high levels of member acquisition.
- Developments to our marketing and CRM strategies
- Focusing on customer satisfaction through Net Promoter Score
- Developing the product and proposition
HIGH QUALITY GYM ESTATE
Disciplined site selection process assisted by attractive covenant for landlords.
- Flexible approach to expansion
- Opportunities from excess retail space
- Adapting the model for smaller catchments
- Opportunity for high quality site expansion continues
ATTRACTIVE FINANCIAL MODEL
High returns on capital, maintained as the market develops.
- Reductions in capital cost in all areas
- Strong balance sheet enables high quality site maintenance programme and drives competitive advantage